Craft Evening Classes: Wood Carving
- Workshops on basic carving techniques including lettering, incising, relief and sculptural work
- Development of a small woodcarving project as the course progresses
The Building Crafts College woodworking evening class is taught by highly accomplished carver Saena Ku of the Woodcarving Studio.
Under Saena’s expert tuition, you will learn the basics of incising and carving wood, how to safely select and use woodcarving chisels and learn to develop traditional carved forms. The course will be underpinned with study of ornament and development of form in relief, enabling you to produce strong, carved forms as the course progresses.
- College certificate
- Interest in Wood Carving
- 1 year (37 weeks over 3 terms)
- Thursday evenings – 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Students can progress to following year or to other woodworking mainstream programmes
- Please contact us for current fees
- College certificate only
- Opportunity to develop work for your own portfolio
- Saena Ku
- Continuing year or mainstream programme