Understanding Repair & Maintenance of Traditional (Pre 1919) Buildings
The BCC is running two two-day courses on 2nd & 3rd July 2019 and 24th & 25th September 2019 at the ORNC Greenwich.
The fee for the course is £350 which covers the cost of the two days, all materials, provision of tea/coffee and registration with Cskills/NOCN for the AWD053 award. Individual certificates will be presented following successful course completion.
To book a place please Email your contact details to Graham Lee: email@example.com.
Tel: 01672 515714 Mob: 07971 655692
Joining instructions, the detailed programme and a payment invoice will be sent to applicants.
Of interest to the public, historic buildings owners, crafts persons, builders and professionals – the Building Crafts College in conjunction with the Old Royal Naval College is offering 2, two-day courses on Repair & Maintenance of Traditional Buildings. Participants will learn from industry experts about theory & practicalities of conserving traditional buildings including:
- Criteria & reasons for preserving, differences between performance of modern & traditional methods, importance of retaining maximum original fabric & the contribution made to sustainability
- Understanding regulations, listing, official guidance & the main technical terms used
- Importance of use of original materials & techniques
- Research & investigative measures, establishing evidence of original building date, other period alterations, surveys of condition & decay with suitable treatments to be used
- Requirement for safe working, when to stop & ask for further advice from relevant persons & personal responsibility for safety.