NEWS: College Vacancy
The Building Crafts College is a small specialist college with a national reputation for excellence in the delivery of construction crafts.
At present the BCC has approximately 100 students in the age range of 14-18 yrs for who we require a specialist coordinator to ensure that students in this age group gain maximum benefit from their time at the College.
Required for the Spring Term
Student Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Coordinator
Main duties of the post:
- Coordinate the activities of 14-18 year old learners to ensure their successful development within the College environment.
- Develop and implement a programme of development and welfare for learners.
- Deliver tutorials to learners in accordance with the tutorial scheme of work.
- Ensure that relevant support mechanisms are employed to help and safeguard learners.
- Foster attitudes in learners that develop pride in achievement and a commitment to learning.
- Ensure understanding by learners of how to be confident and successful.
- Ensure learners understand progression routes and receive advice and guidance on career progression.
- Organise activities that develop employment skills.
- Organise enrichment activities that enhance the College experience.
- Organise the use of on-line learning tools, such as Learning Curve, to support tutorial delivery.
- Monitor, and take actions, to ensure learners are punctual and have good attendance at College.
- Monitor student behaviour and support teaching staff in dealing with poor behaviour.
- Ensure the delivery of awareness programmes that address the risks of abuse, sexual exploitation, radicalisation, social media exploitation, knife crime, drugs and alcohol etc.
- Ensure the delivery of a programme that addresses personal wellbeing of learners related to exercise, healthy eating etc.
- Ensure the delivery of a programme that promotes respect for others, themselves and encourages worthwhile contribution to society and life in Britain.
The successful candidate will have experience of effectively supporting young people through the education journey and ensuring that young learners, who experience challenging personal circumstances, are helped to continue in education.
Salary – £32,000 to £34,000.
For a job description, details of the post and application form please contact the Principal:
0208 522 1705