Bench Joinery Diploma L2 16-18 and 19+ September 2023
At the Building Crafts College we value the traditional approach to the craft of wood working. We teach the traditional skills, utilising modern tools for contemporary industry requirements.
You will be taught how to form traditional joints using hand tools and how to produce setting out using the industry standard technical drawings. As you progress modern power tools and woodworking machines are utilised to produce Joinery to a professional standard.
As well as the practical element to the course, there are also theory work books that cover a range of topics from construction methods to timber and traditional jointing methods for a range of joinery products.
In Summary: Workshop and study based course
- Development of good standard joinery skills
- Building construction – basic
- Use of woodcutting machines
- Use of portable power tools
- Making and assembling joinery products such as basic frames, cabinets, windows, doors and stairs
- Completion of study packs, practical pieces, module tests and end test
- Maths and English GCSE tutoring if required (for 16-18 year olds only)
The College reserves the right to change aspects of the course
- Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery
- Completion of Maths and English basic skills assessment
- Commitment to and interest in woodworking
- Please note: No prior woodworking qualifications are required (this course is for entry level upwards, with the skills equivalent to Carpentry and Joinery Level 1 included in the syllabus)
- 1 year, 3 days per week (36 weeks per year) for 16-18 year olds
- 1 year, 2 days a week (36 weeks per year) for 19+
- 16 – 18 NIL
- 19+ £7,500 for the academic year 2023/24
- Level 2 Diploma
- Opportunity to progress into employment
- Level 3 Bench Joinery