Cockpits Arts Bursaries 2020 – now open
Alumni opportunity – bursaries available for studio space at Cockpit Arts!
Three Awards at Cockpit Arts open for application.
We are delighted to announce that three Cockpit Arts Awards are now open for applications. All Awards comprise business support provided by Cockpit Arts as well as subsidised studio space for one year.
The Cockpit Arts/ Clear Insurance Award
- The Award supports professional makers who have been in business for less than three years and aspire to develop their craft business.
- The Award recipient will receive tailored business support, a subsidised studio at Cockpit Arts for one year and an insurance package from Clear Insurance.
- This is a match-funded place for one year worth £2,500. To be matched by £2,500 from the successful applicant, split into 12 monthly payments.
The Cockpit Arts / The Worshipful Company of Basketmakers’ Award
- The Award aims to assist a basketmaker to start up and grow as an independent maker and business owner. We are looking for an individual who demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit, creative excellence and well-developed craft skills.
- The Award recipient will receive tailored business support and a subsidised studio at Cockpit Arts for one year.
- We welcome applications from both traditional and contemporary basketmakers.
- This Award is worth up to £4,500. This is to be supplemented with a £500 contribution from the successful applicant, split into 12 monthly payments.
The Cockpit Arts / Leathersellers’ Awards (2 Places)
- The Award is open for applications from talented makers who are seeking business development support to take their creative business to the next level and the winners will be required to develop new work where leather is a major constituent.
- The Award recipient will receive tailored business support, a studio at Cockpit Arts for one year and receive shared access to our Leather Hub at Cockpit Arts Deptford which houses leather working equipment.
- The Award is for one year with further financial support for up to three years on a sliding scale, by selection.
- This Award is worth up to £3,000. This will be supplemented with a £1,000 contribution from the successful applicants, split into 12 monthly payments.
Further details and application forms are available to download from the website – https://cockpitarts.com/awards-bursaries/, or please contact email@example.com for further information or to express an interest.