Property Maintenance Operative Trailblazer Apprenticeship L2
- YOU MUST BE EMPLOYED IN THE TRADE PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR COURSE
A Property Maintenance Operative works on keeping buildings in optimum condition, maintaining a high level of quality across the building fabric, services and related areas, and ensuring a safe and healthy working environment.
Operatives will use their knowledge and understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating to:
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety
• Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures
• Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
• Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes,
skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
• Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
• Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
• Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal
requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses.
• Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment
• Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices
• Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and
• Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power
drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry
Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
Completion of functional skills units including NVQ level 2, English, Maths and Employment Responsibilities is also required.
- Level 2 Diploma plus NVQ in Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations
- MUST BE EMPLOYED IN THE TRADE PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR COURSE
- Completion of Maths and English initial assessment
- Commitment to and interest in building maintenance
- 2 years block release (workplace and college-based)
- Employers can find current information on apprenticeship funding here
- For any specific enquiries on funding or eligibility please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nigel Gilkison
- Completing this apprenticeship programme with its transferable skills will enable progression into roles
such as a Technical Specialist e.g. Electrical or Plumbing and Supervisory and Management roles e.g. Facilities Management, across a wide range of sectors.