Online 5-day Short Course – An Introduction to the History of Art
Learn from the comfort of your own home. A 5-day online course in the History of Art from the Classical Tradition of Ancient Greek sculpture and architecture through to modern day Land Art and Feminist Art.
Spring 2021: 8th to 12th March; 10am to 4pm with an hour’s break for lunch, daily
Tutor: Vivienne Lawes
Vivienne Lawes is an art historian working in several fields within the art world. She lectures internationally in the public arena and within several Higher Education institutions, including the University of the Arts London, Sotheby’s Institute of Art and the City & Guilds of London Art School.
Her articles, essays and reports have been published in numerous specialist journals, newspapers, catalogues, handbooks and websites, aimed at both an academic and general readership in print and online. The subject of her current book project is themes in equine sculpture, which was commissioned by the Sladmore Gallery, London and is the subject of negotiations with a major London publisher; in late 2021 she will embark on a critique and biography of contemporary Filipino artist Andres Barrioquinto.
Lawes is also an editor and has worked with PhD students in several disciplines. She specialises in working with overseas writers and has also taught Academic English to students for whom English is a second language.
Since 2011 she has been Senior UK Consultant to Singapore gallery One East Asia and has co-curated many exhibitions of Southeast Asian modern and contemporary art in London and Singapore. Lawes was recently appointed the Head of Education for a new art fair, the London Asian and African Contemporary Art Fair https://lacafair.com/, which will launch in October 2021.
To register your interest, please use our online form here
- College certificate
- Interest in art and design
- No prior experience necessary
- 5 day course Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm with a break for lunch
- £550. Please apply via website to register your interest and we will contact you with further details. Non-refundable £100 deposit and £50 registration fee from the fee will secure your place.
- N/A (college certification only)
- Opportunity to gain material for portfolio or develop your experience in design
- Other design mainstream programme