Online Talk – An Introduction to Conservation & Restoration
A two hour session with a talk from conservator Jane Wallis and Q&A with her afterwards.
Spring 2021: Wednesday 12th May; timings to be confirmed
Tutor: Jane Wallis
Jane Wallis (pictured above) is a freelance conservator specialising in decorative surfaces including gilded, painted and lacquered works of art. Previously, Jane was employed at the Royal Collection Trust as a conservator for 15 years, following her degree in Conservation and Restoration at the City and Guilds of London Art School.
Jane will be talking about some of the key objects she worked on whilst at the Royal Collection Trust as well as focusing on the methods and materials used in their conservation and restoration.
For more information about Jane and her work please take a look at her website here.
To register your interest, please use our online form here
- College certificate
- Interest in art and design
- No prior experience necessary
- Two hour session
- £15 per person. Please apply via website to register your interest and we will contact you with further details.
- N/A (college certification only)
- Opportunity to gain material for portfolio or develop your experience in design
- Other design mainstream programme or short course