Summer School – An Introduction to Wood Carving
- Summer School 5 day Beginners’ Workshop on basic carving techniques including lettering, incising, relief and sculptural work
- Development of a small woodcarving project as the course progresses. More detail to follow
- The Building Crafts College woodworking evening class is taught by highly accomplished carver Saena Ku of the Woodcarving Studio.
Under Saena’s expert tuition, you will learn the basics of incising and carving wood, how to safely select and use woodcarving chisels and learn to develop traditional carved forms. The course will be underpinned with study of ornament and development of form in relief, enabling you to produce strong, carved forms as the course progresses.
- College certificate
- Interest in Wood Carving
- 5 days 16 August to 20 August 2021
- Students may wish to progress to an Evening Class or to other woodworking mainstream programmes
- College certificate only
- Opportunity to develop work for your own portfolio
- Saena Ku
- Continuing year or mainstream programme